Your task today will allow you to articulate what you have learned in this Module. You will create the “Breaking News” section of a newspaper and write three articles about what the news would have been like during the Revolutionary times. You will discuss the time before the American Revolution, during the American Revolution, and after the American Revolution.
Templates to use for this activity (Microsoft Word downloads)
Newspaper Template One
Newspaper Template Two
The vocabulary that should be found in the newspaper
founding fathers, French and Indian War, constitutional democracy, mercantilism, salutary neglect, taxation and representation, boycott and protect, Thomas Paine’s “Common Sense”, independence, patriot, loyalist, First Continental Congress, acts that create tension among the colonist (such as the stamp act, quartering act, intolerable acts, Boston Tea party, Boston Massacre), Mayflower Compact, triangular trade, American Revolution, Articles of Confederation, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington John Adams, Sons of Liberty, representative democracy, limits of government, declaration of independence, natural rights, Magna Carta, parliament, common law, social contract, Montesquieu, Locke, English Bill of Rights, Rousseau, separation of powers, rule of law, Shay’s Rebellion, limited government, democracy, equal protection under the law, diversity, patriotism.
- Exciting headlines
- At least two pages using the above template
- Contains a picture relating to the article
- Must be accurate according to notes and research
Submit your work:
- Click “Submit Assignment” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- To upload a file, click on Choose File to select the file from your computer. To answer using a text box, click on the Text Entry tab and answer the questions in the text box.
- Finally, click "Submit Assignment" for it to be graded by your teacher.