Images courtesy of www.openclipart.org
In this assignment, you will analyze the health and skill components in two scenarios and make three suggestions as to how fitness components can be improved in each scenario.
- Read the two scenarios below.
- Analyze the health components of Marie. Make three suggestions as to how Marie can improve her fitness components.
- Analyze the skill components of Tom. Make three suggestions as to how Tom can improve his fitness components.
Explanation of the skill or component.
Marie - Marie is very flexible and can do the splits with ease. She is 40 years old and about 25 pounds overweight and has trouble completing a one-mile walk in under 14 minutes. She is always saying she would like to work out with weights and get toned, but never seems to be able to find the time to fit anything else in her busy life. She eats healthy food just way too much and way too often.
Tom Tom is an endurance athlete and runs six miles a day to stay in shape. He can pretty much eat what he wants and not gain weight and has never had weight issues. He is very thin and can't seem to keep much muscle mass on him with all his running. He times all his runs and is very quick on his feet and explode with power from the start line. He has trouble sleeping and is often grouchy if he misses his run.
How to submit your assignment:
- Click “Submit Assignment” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- To upload a file, click on Choose File to select the file from your computer.
To answer using a text box, click on the Text Entry tab and answer the questions in the text box.
- Finally, click "Submit Assignment" for it to be graded by the teacher.