Instrucciones: Choose either Option 1 or Option 2 for your writing assignment.
For this Writing Assignment you will have two options. You only need to answer one of the options.
When you submit, please type your response in the "Text Entry" area. Label your response with your name, the Option number, and the date. Example: Carl Smith, Option 1, March 3, 2019.
For this assignment and all other writing assignments, you have two attempts. Please read your teacher's corrective feedback before submitting a second time. Label your response with your name, the Option number, and the date, as shown above.
To reach your maximum potential on this assignment:
Conjugate your verbs correctly (based on the subject), and ensure that all sentences in writing assignments are complete Spanish sentences.
- Refer to and use the vocabulary from the vocabulary list/s from this course.
Abide by the Golden Rule/Spanish Department Guidelines and DO NOT use external sources or else you will earn a zero.
Review the Grading Rubric for Writing Assignments
- Make sure to answer all questions from the prompt you choose.
- Remember to use capital letters at the beginning of each sentence, and periods at the end.
- Remember to capitalize proper nouns, such as names of people and places.
- Pay attention to proper spelling, including accent marks and other special characters.
Good luck!!! ¡¡¡Buena suerte!!!
Hablas con Guillermo Reyes, un estudiante en tu clase de español. ¿De dónde es? ¿Cuál es su nacionalidad? ¿Dónde vive? Escribe un diálogo en que le haces estas preguntas y compartes tus datos con él.
- Persona A: Buenas noches. ¿De dónde eres, Guillermo?
- Persona B: Soy de México. ¿De dónde eres?
- Persona A: Eres mexicano. Yo soy estadounidense. ¿Dónde vives?
Conoces a una señora en un restaurante mexicano. Es tu camarera. ¿De dónde es? ¿Cuál es su nacionalidad? ¿Dónde vive? Escribe una conversación en que le haces estas preguntas y compartes tus datos con ella.
- Persona A: Buenas noches. ¿De dónde es Ud?
- Persona B: Yo soy de Costa Rica. ¿De dónde es Ud?
- Persona A. Yo soy de _____. ¿Dónde vive Ud.?
You are speaking with Guillermo Reyes, a student in your Spanish class. Where is he from? What is his nationality? Where does he live? Write a dialogue in which you ask him these questions and share your information with him.
You meet a lady in a Mexican restaurant. She is your waitress. Where is she from? What is her nationality? Where does she live? Write a conversation in which you ask her these questions and share your information with her.
Remember these sample sentences are meant to be used as a guide to get you started. You should write as much as you possibly can about the topic using vocabulary, grammar and transition words from the lesson and from your prior knowledge in order to get the maximum points for your assignment. Reference the course-provided writing rubric to understand how your writing will be graded.
Do not use an online translator or any other prohibited resources to complete this assignment or it will be scored as a 0.
Additional tips to maximize your score on this assignment:
- Include greetings and goodbyes in your conversation
- Write this as a dialogue between “Persona A” and “Persona B”
- Have each person in the conversation fully ask and answer all questions in the prompt.
Submit your work:
- Create your assignment in a document in Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, Pages, or Google Docs.
- Save the document and name it using the assignment name. Example: Unit1Lesson3Escribir
- Save the document again, this time in PDF form. Here are instructions on how to do so based on the program:
- Google Docs
Here in Canvas, click Submit Assignment in the upper right corner of the screen.
To upload a file, click on Choose File to select the PDF file from your computer.
Finally, click Submit Assignment for it to be graded by the teacher.
If for some reason you are unable to create a file on your computer: To answer using a text box, click on the Text Entry tab and type your response in the text box.
Once you have completed this assignment, click Next to continue.