Throughout the course, you will be responsible for attending a total of 10 live classes. You'll be given several options of sessions for each unit with a variety of teachers, so that you can choose which ones best fit your schedule. To see which teachers are available when and which session/s will best fit your schedule, see the Google Calendar below.
You must attend 1 live class for each of the following units (for a total of 10 live classes):
- Getting Started Unit (GS)
- Unidad Uno (U1)
- Unidad Dos (U2)
- Unidad Tres (U3)
- Unidad Cuatro (U4)
- Unidad Cinco (U5)
- Unidad Seis (U6)
- Unidad Siete (U7)
- Unidad Ocho (U8)
- Proyecto Final (FE)
Planning for & Accessing the Required Live Classes:
- First, you must check the calendar to find the session/s that you want to attend. (The calendar is located below and on each individual RLC page, as well as on the RLC course home page). Go ahead and plan which sessions you will attend for as far ahead as possible and mark them on your personal calendar.
Second, you'll need to check your technology and familiarize yourself with what Adobe Connect is and how it works. (This should hopefully be one time thing.) Google Chrome is the best browser for Adobe Connect. The first time you enter, you should be prompted to check your audio and video to be sure it's set up correctly.
- Third, you're ready to log in/participate. You should log in 5-10 minutes early. The first time you log in, please allow extra time so you can check your technology.
- On the course home page, click on the Required Live Class link (in the Quick Links). You will see instructions on how to self-enroll in the Required Live Class course. You will only have to do this once.
- After completing step 1 above, you will find the Required Live Class course in your course list (on the far left, or on the Dashboard). Go there whenever you need to attend a live class. There are instructions on the main page of that course for how to access the room. The calendar of sessions is there as well.
Click here for a video about the Required Live Classes (what they are, how to access them, how to get credit for them, and tips for being successful).
Participating in the RLC & Completing the RLC Assignment/s:
During each live class, you'll join many other students in the "virtual classroom" to learn and share with each other and the teacher. The teacher will have a formal PowerPoint presentation and go over the major concepts of the particular unit. You need to take notes, as you will have to include a copy of your notes (that has your name and the date) for the assignment. (You can take notes by typing on a computer during the session and uploading the document to the specific assignment page OR you can hand write your notes, take a pic of them and upload to the specific assignment page.)
After attending each live class, you need to complete a brief reflective assignment in a Word document including the following items:
1. Date and time of class
2. Teacher/facilitator name
3. What is your biggest goal pertaining to the specific content covered in this RLC?
4. At least one question that you still have about what was discussed in the RLC
5. Thorough and detailed copy of your notes (can be submitted as picture if handwritten, linked to a Google Doc or uploaded as Word doc or PDF). These notes are the bulk of your grade and should reflect your active note-taking throughout the entire hour.
Click here for the rubric for this assignment.
Please note: These sessions are required and are a part of your grade, so please go ahead and look at your schedule, see what sessions will work for you, and add to your personal calendar! (If/when attending another teacher's session, that teacher/presenter will take attendance at random points throughout the session and request your participation. He/she will report your attendance/participation to your teacher, so make sure that you log in early/on time and stay the entire time to get counted.)
Don't forget to check out the video above (or click here) for a video about the Required Live Classes (tips for being successful, where to access them, how to get credit, etc.).
If you are unable to attend one of the Required Live Classes, please contact your teacher to develop a plan to make up the Required Live Class assignment.
Submit your work:
- Create your assignment in a document in Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, Pages, or Google Docs.
- Save the document and name it using the assignment name. Example: Unit1RLC
- Save the document again, this time in PDF form. Here are instructions on how to do so based on the program:
- Google Docs
- Here in Canvas, click Submit Assignment in the upper right corner of the screen.
- To upload a file, click on Choose File to select the PDF file from your computer.
- Finally, click Submit Assignment for it to be graded by the teacher.
Once you have completed this assignment, you will need to go to Modules (on the left) to return to whichever unit/assignment you are working on.
Link to the Spanish 1 Calendar of Required Live Classes
Can't see the calendar below? Don't forget to enable mixed media content!